The Code of Professional Conduct and Client Care was established by the Real Estate Agents Act (Professional Conduct and Client Care) Rules 2009.
The Code sets out the standard of professional conduct and client care required of agents, branch managers and salespersons. It applies to all aspects of real estate agency work and will be used as a reference point for discipline.
The Code covers:
- Standards of professional competence and conduct
- Reporting misconduct or unsatisfactory conduct
- Awareness of duties and obligations under the Act
- Client care and dealings with customers
- Obligations to provide information about complaints
The Code should be read in conjunction with the Real Estate Agents Act 2008 and regulations as it does not repeat the duties and obligations that are included in the Act and regulations.
The Code is displayed in real estate offices and must be available to anyone on request.
Click here to download the Code of Professional Conduct and Client Care [PDF, 528.8kb].
For further independent information about the real estate industry refer to the Real Estate Agents Authority